Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mirage


When i opened my eyes , it was to languish in the drunken sleep,
the one that came when i knew i was complete...
i took time to relish the joy hitherto unknown,
to know i could yet be complete again....!!!!
it was then that i knew what treasures unbound,
what an inexplicable bliss was love!!

The molten fire burnished high in the horizon..
the sand melted into paradise,the oasis,
where rivulets of life cascaded...
It was the mirage..the illusion of happiness i opened my eyes to.
I felt around around for him ,telling myself...
i searched n searched...never for a moment believing
that forever was not to be mine...

it pierced the dead slumber,waking the voices of yore
the ones that ache for love unrequited.
it was one of them or was it the never before
it was a howl, a mute pain , a journey to bottomless chasms
it was where hell brought pleasures unknown
where misery came but froze in my eyes
where words came but breath did not...
it was then i knew how dear joy was..
it was there is those open spaces,
in that joy,in that pain, in that oasis
in that mirage,i died another death.......

---My rendition of Sassi Punnu

No comments:

Post a Comment